|Why Do I Need A Professional?|
Can't I just build my own website? Sure you can - and I'll tell you how. Here are the steps you need to take to create your own well-built website.
- Try creating graphics for your website in MS Paint.
- Give up and buy Adobe Fireworks ($299) or Photoshop ($699).
- Take the time to learn how to use the program you just bought.
- Create a nice professional layout for your website.
- Open up Notepad and create the HTML for your website.
- Remember that you don't know HTML and then buy Adobe Dreamweaver ($399) to help you build your site.
- Get as far as you can in Dreamweaver without knowing HTML.
- Learn HTML.
- Realize that HTML isn't enough for what you want to do.
- Learn CSS for your site layout.
- Learn a dynamic web language (like PHP or C#) so you can display dynamic content on your website.
- You'll need some place to store the dynamic content, so you'll need to learn MySQL, SQL or XML to be able to store your information.
- Once you realize you want some animation and interaction on your website, go out and buy Adobe Flash ($699).
- Learn how to use Flash.
- Learn Flash's scripting language - Actionscript.
- Once your website's done - upload it to a server.
- Go to a friend's house and realize the website doesn't look the same - he's not using Internet Explorer.
- Learn about cross-browser issues and make your website cross-browser compliant.
- Beat your head repeatedly against the wall.
- Give up, and call a professional.
Well, I guess if you're going to end up here anyways you might as well let me handle it from the start and save yourself the aggravation and sleepless nights.